Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, November 17, 2017

Hope You Like Newspapers

 
Newspapers take over the life of everyone in the mailroom this week and next. The Black Friday editions of the shopper supplements, and the regular paper next Wednesday are the biggest ones we do all year. They are huge, difficult and heavy. We have several pieces of semi-broken equipment, and we ended up having to pull papers off the end by hand today instead of sending them through the stacker.

Today I worked 8.5 hours, but I did actually sit down for 10 minutes, mid-afternoon. In just a couple of hours I get to go do it all again.

This is part of what we stuffed this afternoon. Some of the tubs and high-rises had already gone to the warehouse.

newspapers

And next week? This is about half of our storage space, filled with inserts for next week's papers. The other half is just as full.

warehouse shelves

After watching us work for a bit last time she was here, Ester said, "It's like getting paid to have a gym membership." That's sure true now and next week. We are all sore and tired and working right out at the edges of our limits.

So that's all that is going on in my life today.


See 150 and 9
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

I remember long ago seeing someone else talk about this as well, saying it's the roughest time of the year. I sympathize with you. I hope the time goes by fast for you.

Ann said...

Since the Thanksgiving paper was always my favorite of the year I know how big it is with all the inserts. I can only imagine how tired you are

Secondary Roads said...

All those ads certainly put a strain on the system. It must be tons of fun for the delivery crew.