Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Art - Spring Reflection

 
The book launch party last Saturday evening for my friend Jeanie was held at the Ludington Area Center for the Arts. They have become a real force for the arts in the area. You may have noticed many works of art on the walls in the post about that event.

The current display is featuring works by artist Carole Hunnes-Nielson. She's Michigan based.

I really had a hard time choosing just one picture as a "favorite." I have a hard time with that whole concept anyway, but I forced myself to pick one. Mostly I asked myself, "If I were going to spend the money but could buy just one, which one would it be."

My final choice was "Spring Reflections." The technique is watercolor batik, a wax-resist method of painting.

Spring Reflections by Carole Hunnes-Nielson

The feature that finally tipped the balance to this one is that the picture looks different when viewed from far away and close. Here's a tiny piece close in.

Spring Reflections by Carole Hunnes-Nielson

I'm still working like crazy on a whole bunch of details for the upcoming release of Dead Mule Swamp Druggist.

See Jeanie's Book Launch
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


2 comments:

Ann said...

A very nice painting and I like the close up look

Lin said...

I like the close-up photo too. You can really appreciate her art in that photo.