Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

My Trailer- Two More Things

 
I didn't include these in last night's post because in the grand scheme of things I consider them pretty minor. Nevertheless, they do need to be done.

The cushion covers are scratchy, and the fabric is really worn anyway. Not to mention that it won't go with my planned colors. I'll be changing the seating a bit too, so all these covers will need to be new. I've covered so many cushions in my life this is a total ho-hum job. But it will chew up a couple days.

trailer cushions

The other item is the flooring. Currently there is low pile gray-brown carpeting. It feels nice under the feet but I'm afraid it holds moisture from whatever happens (condensation, spills, rain in door, etc) and isn't doing the subfloor any good. It will be replaced with vinyl. Don't try to talk me into laminate. I'm not a fan. I just hope that when I pull it out the trailer floor isn't already damaged.

trailer floor

I'm watching youtube videos and planning and scheming and measuring. I've gone about as far as I can for now. I like my floor plan on paper, but I think I want to clear the trailer and mock it up with cardboard and tape so I can get an actual sense of how it makes the interior space feel.

Can't wait for some warm weather to try it!


See
Index for Trailer Refurbish
My Trailer- Assessing the Needs
if you like this blog, click

Like This!

4 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Hope you'll give us regular reports!

Secondary Roads said...

Using vinyl is a great idea. I like the cardboard mock-up plan. You are so organized.

Ann Thompson said...

Vinyl is a much better option than carpet and you can always get a rug that can be taken up

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello sharkbytes its dennis the vizsla dog hay dada sez this reeminds him of sumthing his mama and dada like to watch wot is kalld tiny howses or sumthing like that!!! eksept i gess this is an offiss but stil!!! luks like a nice playse to retreet to!!! ok bye