Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Manic Knitting

 
Missed a blog post yesterday. Missed almost everything except one surprising mania yesterday. And I'll solve the riddle of what I'm working on now. These are over the knee socks that I'm making for a friend. She's paying for the yarn, and I get to play.

That's right. I have no pattern. I'm making it up as I go based on some similar ones for sale on Etsy. I said I'd make one pair just for the fun of it.

Apparently, my brain decided that what it wanted to do was knit and figure out designs. I knit for 20 straight hours. Yes, you read that right. I've done other things that long at a stretch when an obsession hit, but never knitting, so this was a new one on me. I continually surprise myself. Anyway, I knit from noon yesterday till 8:30 this morning when I was shaky and blurry and dropping stitches. So I gave up and went to bed.

Have been working on this a little less frenetically today, but what fun!

knitted sock


See Now What?
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

They would make the greatest earmuffs, don't you think?

Ann Thompson said...

I like the colors

The Furry Gnome said...

Amazing designs to knit! But what kind of schedule are you on?