Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Making Friends with the Orange Beast

 
This actually happened yesterday, but I didn't get the picture till today.

If you've been around a while, you'll remember that I was pretty happy when I was trained to operate the forklift at work.

As it has turned out, I don't get many opportunities to drive it because my role as "lead bundler" means that I'm almost always busy at a job that can't be left too easily when we get calls to go unload a truck. As a result, I'm ok, but not expert at using it. I just don't get enough practice.

You may or may not remember that the forklift pictured that day was yellow. A few months ago, the paper got another forklift. This one is orange. The yellow one now stays in our room and the orange one stays in the warehouse to unload trucks. Everyone hates it. I've heard a lot about it, but had never driven it.

forklift

But yesterday, I was the very last one there, and the office called for someone to unload a truck. So, I had to face the orange beast and make it work.

Much to my surprise, I didn't hate it at all. Maybe I just got lucky, but it worked fine for me, and I had to unload four pallets. A nice confidence booster for a skill I don't use too much.

See Finally!
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

Ann Thompson said...

It was your lucky day. Years ago my boss had talked about me learning to use the forklift. I honestly was glad it never went further than him talking about it

Secondary Roads said...

Once again you've tamed a beast. Way to go.

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello sharkbytes its dennis the vizsla dog hay wow that is a krazy big gokart!!! i am glad yoo wer suksessful driving it!!! ok bye