Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Northern Pearly-Eye

 
I'd love to show you a picture of this butterfly on some beautiful flower. But it landed on my car door, so that's the background you get. It's a northern pearly-eye, Enodia anthedon.

This is not an uncommon butterfly, but I don't recall noting it before. I probably wasn't looking closely because it doesn't have bright colors. Shame on me; it's really pretty.

northern pearly-eye

There is a southern pearly-eye, and a creole pearly-eye. They get progressively lighter colored.

Yesterday was a day of exhaustion, a sore foot, and rain. My goal was to do as little as possible, and I succeeded.

Today was better. This afternoon the sky was blue, the air was cool and I took a 3-mile walk just so I wouldn't forget how. Ha!

See Common Wood Nymph
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

2 comments:

Ann said...

That is a pretty butterfly.
You forget how to walk? Never...lol

Secondary Roads said...

The pearly eye is a lovely butterfly. We had 1.4 in of rain on Saturday. EF-0 tornado west of us, and an EF-1 north of us.