Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, May 9, 2016

Tropical Tulips

 
Coming home today I passed by a small park in Ludington, Leveaux Park, that honors two brothers killed in WWI. The brothers names were Casmer and Emery Leveaux. I really don't know much else about them. It would be interesting to find out. The Mason County Garden Club maintains plantings there.

tulips

With the sun bright and high, these "hot" tulips looked positively tropical.

tulips

The yellow spirea bushes add to the heat.

tulips

Which picture is your favorite? I can't decide which one I like best.

tulips

Time to cool down with some forget-me-not highlighted by a daffodil.

forget-me-not

I did some work in my own pathetic flower beds today. I do have a few things that bloom, but the moles, rabbits and deer sure do a number on it.


See Tropical?
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

4 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

I really like the third picture because of the closeup. The colors of the flower seem to pop right out.

Ann said...

they do have a tropical look to them. I like the second picture but it was a tough choice.
I took out my flower beds. I like seeing the flowers but I hate having to take care of the weeding

Secondary Roads said...

The single yellow and red tulip pic is my favorite. I like the color contrast and pattern of that one.

Unknown said...

I Love the first pic because it reminds me of how my own tulips looked just two weeks ago. The last one makes a wonderful hot/cool contrast.