Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Primrose Lane

 
OK, it's nothing like a lane. It's two plants almost side by side. But they are blooming!

First is the ordinary English primrose, a gift from SIL Loretta. It did not bloom last year and I thought it had died. I haven't had good luck keeping them happy in the past. This year, the color is lasting a long time. Yippie! The actual color is more purple.

primrose

Next is a gift from Ester, the Cowslip primrose Primula veris. This one has lasted quite well, maybe even expanding its puddle a little bit. I read that they are suited for harsh cold weather. That sounds promising.

primrose

Nasty weather today... I did inside things after work.

These two plants make me want to resurrect my rock garden, but I don't think I have the energy or the money.

See see a pink primrose
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


1 comment:

Secondary Roads said...

Lovely! It would be hard to pick a favorite.