Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Handbell Sunday- February

 
Finally got the issue with my conversion software straightened out, so I can once again edit videos taken on my camera. So... I bring you our handbell choir pieces from this morning. I really like both of them.

I grabbed a guy I didn't even know and asked him to record the songs. Maybe next time I'll remember to take my tripod, and then I can set it up and push the button before we go to the front.

First is Rondeau by Henry Purcell. We did this one for the prelude.



The special music was The Potter's Hand by Darlene Zschech, with a vocal ensemble. This piece is fairly hard, and we were really pleased that it finally came together. When we were able to practice with the vocalists it helped us all because it was easier to follow the tricky timing.



I've got bells ringing in my head! And I'm really pleased to be part of a group that can generate quality music, which I am not so good at on my own.

See Handbells- A Different Perspective
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


5 comments:

Ann said...

Sounds great. That guy at the front table sure has a lot of different bells he has to manage

Unknown said...

Really good. I had a go once just with some small handchimes, and it's a lot harder than it looks.

The Furry Gnome said...

WONDERFUL music! I've loved handbells every time I've heard them, but you hardly ever do. So special to be part of that. I like the guy with the big bells in the first piece; he obviously has several bells to hndle.

Secondary Roads said...

Sorry I missed that one. Thanks for posting the videos.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- he is playing three people's worth of bells, but he won't give any of them up (well, he would if we had players- I mean, he doesn't want the notes left out)

Jean- it is indeed! Took me a few months to get my head around the concept

Stew- I've learned that I like the 5-octave choirs like this one much more than smaller groups

Chuck- you got to hear the C-mas vids anyway