Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, November 9, 2015

Hawk Silhouette

 
Just took a little walk out back today. As I keep saying, you never know what goodie will appear. Today it was the red-tail hawk. How do I really know that's what it was with only a silhouette? I heard it say "keeeeeer."

red-tail hawk

It took a short lap around the field and headed for the cemetery.

red-tail hawk

I spent most of the day writing Chapter 20 of Dead Mule Swamp Druggist. You can read a good sized excerpt at Joan of Shark.

I'm working really hard at getting back to being a writer who has two other jobs instead of being a working girl who writes a little on the side. I know, it's only been two weeks, so I can hardly claim victory, but that's two weeks of success.

if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

Nice pix of the red tail. While driving yesterday, I saw the kestrel again. Why did I get excited about that? Headed over to Joan of Shark to a get a sample of your new (in progress) book.

Ann said...

I'm always spotting hawks when I'm driving. It always makes me want to pull over and watch them

RNSANE said...

Hopefully, now that I am home, I can catch up on my much missed blog reading, especially your posts. My shoulder surgery is a week away and I will be unable to use my right arm at all for about a month. I have to make sure my latest version of Dragon software is on my computer!!!