Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A Misty, Moisty Walk

 
Out doing assignments today. It was almost raining, but not quite. Well, OK, sometimes it was raining, but not bad. Anyway, I had to walk in to a house beyond a gated driveway. It was about a mile each way. You know I don't mind that.

power line in the mist

The damp leaves and "fuzzy" atmosphere made colors seem to pop out. Here's a clump of reindeer moss (really a lichen), but reindeer do like to eat it. Not that we have any reindeer here. Supposedly it's a survival food. Let me tell you I've tried it. The only time it's really edible is when it's young and soft. The older, dry stuff is awful.

reindeer moss

So if that is reindeer moss, is this frog moss?

clump of green moss

This is just the wood on a fairly new power pole, but I sure thought it was pretty.

wood grain

And by the way, if anyone tells you I haven't decorated for Christmas, they are wrong. There are garlands and doo-dads and a star and banners. So there.

Train Station game

See Train Station
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

The pattern on the power pole makes it look like the bolt in it created a shock wave going out of it. Very interesting pattern.

Aaron Paul Lazar said...

Thanks for taking us along on your walk, Joan! We still have too much snow but it's melting, so I may be walking outside again this weekend!

Ann Thompson said...

LOL, yep, I say that would be frog moss.
Very cool grain in that wood.
I think you've done a great job of decorating there....lol