Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Blooming Trees

 
I am just feeling like I'm in temporary heaven with trees blossoming! [updated ID info in brackets]

Always so busy when visiting people that I'm too tired to say much at the end of the day, but I don't think you'll mind. The pictures speak for themselves. There is not a snowflake in sight.

This is a row of trees across the street from where we are staying. I think they are crabapples, but they are awfully large so I could be wrong. [I am wrong. The white ones are Bradford Pears- which produce no pears, but are often used for landscaping trees in this area.]

crabapple

crabapple

crabapple

This looks like some sort of tree rose. [This one has been IDed for me as a red camellia. I didn't even know they came in that color!]

crabapple

This is an azalea.

azalea

And a weeping cherry.

weeping cherry

Sigh... you'll never see every wonderful thing from this week. There's just too much. It's wonderful already and I've been here one day. Took a five mile walk this afternoon, too.

if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

6 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

Those are such beautiful sights after this long, cold winter.

vanilla said...

Beautiful; and that's what I like about the South!

(Red camellia?)

rainfield61 said...

Everything is as beautiful as the flowers.

Ann said...

so that's what spring looks like :)
So pretty, thanks for sharing them. I'm still looking at snow

Lin said...

I just realized that you are traveling! I've been off the computer this weekend...didn't realized you were on the road. This had me REALLY confused! I was amazed that your trees were so far in bloom!! :O

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello sharkbytes its dennis the vizsla dog hay wot byootiful flowers!!! i bet menny of them smell wunderful too!!! however dada is aparently hungry becuz he saw bloomin and now keeps tawking abowt a bloomin unyun dada try to fokus on the flowers!!! ok bye