Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Second Try on Another Front

 
Talk about second chances! Earlier in the summer, Joshua gave me a New Guinea Impatiens with beautiful red-orange blossoms. I added it to my collection on the deck, and quickly learned the soil it was in was so poor it dried out instantly, and the plant drooped and the blossoms fell off. (sad face). That was weeks ago.

But given enough time, it recovered, and is going to give me a few happy weeks before frost.

impatiens

impatiens

if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


5 comments:

rainfield61 said...

Those are beautiful.

No doubt.

Ann said...

well I guess it pays to be patient with impatients :)

The Furry Gnome said...

Glad yours survived. Our pots on the deck were terrible this year, and we dumped them early.

Sharkbytes said...

Thanks, Chuck- it's the only thing that bloomed, so I'm happy to have it. The succulents are consistently attractive, but a splotch of color is nice too

rainfield- the color is intense

Ann- what I need is more patience with myself

Gnome- it should have been transplanted into better soil long before I got it, but o well.

RNSANE said...

What a nice surprise...especially since it was so unexpected. Good thing you didn't throw the shriveled plants out.