Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Gully Panorama

 
Sometimes there are so many nifty things from one day that I don't use them all here, and then I can go back and remember them another day.

When Loren and I went hiking by the river last Monday we took a route I haven't used in a long time, along the bottom of the bluff. It's usually too wet to walk down there, and I'm more likely to stay along the top.

But from down below, the view in each gully, looking up, is impressive. The problem is that one photo just doesn't capture it well. So I stitched together a sort of panorama. It's stark, with no leaves yet, but you can really see the contour that way. The picture is clickable, so you can make it bigger. It's much better that way.

photo label

See Flora and Fauna for more from the same hike
if you like this blog, click the +1  

4 comments:

rainfield61 said...

It is rarely for me to witness a similar scene back in Malaysia.

Ann said...

That is an impressive view.

john bain said...

I always think how like England your part of the world is. Nice photos.

Sharkbytes said...

rainfield- I think your leaves never fall off, right?

Ann- The hill is high enough that it's quite a scramble to get up if you don't know one of the few easy places.

John- I have no idea about that. I've been learning some of the plants through Carol, and I think you have quite a variety of terrain for a relatively small island, but I don't actually know all that much.