Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ludington Medal of Honor Recipients

 

Ludington, Michigan, Medal of Honor mural

Ludington is trying to become known as a city of murals. So, I thought I'd share another one of the many that appear around town. This one celebrates the Medal of Honor recipients who called Ludington home.

On the left is Sgt. Charles H. DuPuy, U.S. Army, 1st Michigan Sharpshooters, Civil War.

On the right is William R. Charette, U.S. Navy, Hospital Corpsman Third Class, Korean War.

Sadly, I can't tell you anything more about them. I should pay more attention to local interest things, but in this case, I have to confess that I haven't.


See South James Street for another mural

4 comments:

Ann said...

That is a fabulous mural.

Reanaclaire said...

hello..coming by to visit your blog..

Claire
www.reanaclaire.com

Jackie said...

I have to agree Ann...that is awesome!!
Jackie:-)

RNSANE said...

I am sure your town is most proud of these heroic citizens. It is a very nice mural.