Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Counterpoint


hikers welcome
This has been a busy week, with definite ups and downs. Today was a long hike with the trail club. I managed to walk out the door without my camera. Can you believe it? So, you are spared more pictures of brown woods with four dogs wearing orange. We hiked a pretty section with long views of the Manistee River Valley that you can see with the leaves off the trees, but it doesn't look all that spectacular in photos.

So, instead, you are seeing a couple of extra pix from yesterday morning. Here's the counterpoint to the "hikers welcome." I just think it looks spooky.
spooky woods



10 comments:

rainfield61 said...

It is just one of the day.

Happy Sunday.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Don't get too close to those trees. They look grabby.

Ann said...

I rarely forget to take the camera but have, on more than one occasion, left home without the memory card in it.

betchai said...

i always have my camera with me, but on several occasions, the family is dead :( so I just carried extra weight for nothing :(

Duxbury Ramblers said...

I try to do a check list as I am going through the door and most times it works, yet there have been very odd days when I have forgotten my camera, the thing I forget to take is usually the birds treat, they soon tell me off for it.

Lin said...

Most times I go out, I dread dragging the camera. I have a little one, but it doesn't take the great photos I want. And then I always regret not dragging it with me. Ugh.

spinninglovelydays said...

That tree does look spooky...

Sharkbytes said...

rainfield- apparently!

Dennis- They can make a dog jump when they grab some skin

Ann, betchai- I've done both of those all too often. Betchai, I'm thinking you mean the family of batteries. Forgetting the family can lead to quiet walks for a while and turmoil upon returning home!

Carol- it was just weird. I had it laid out to take, but didn't notice I hadn't picked it up till I was already over 10 miles from home.

Lin- I'm pretty good about taking it... just not yesterday! But you get lots of good pics.

Ivy- jackpines look scraggly when dead.

RNSANE said...

Even when I'm just going out to the grocery, it seems I'll regret it if I don't take the camera along! An amazing photo opportunity will suddenly present itself.

Sharkbytes said...

Carmen- You are so right! If I had taken mine to the bank today I could have snapped some still-orange bushes.