Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, September 3, 2010

Instant Fall


stormy sky

Wow! The temperature plummeted by about 25 degrees with a daytime high only around 60. This was how the sky looked almost all day.
goldenrod

One bright spot- this evening I glanced out the window and saw this patch of goldenrod glowing in the mid distance. More rain today, but Maggie and I did get out between the showers for our walks.



10 comments:

jeanlivingsimple said...

I really envy your cool temps. It is still hot as Hades here in Georgia. I am still waiting on the goldenrods to bloom. I love that flower.
Cool pictures!

RNSANE said...

What a beautiful sight out your window this evening. Those flowers are beautiful in spite of your rainy skies most of the day!!
Those 60 degree temperatures are our usual nighttime temps - sometimes it's down to 55 = that's all year long.

Ann said...

I've been noticing the fields covered in goldenrod lately. They look so pretty. We're expecting a cold rainy weekend here. Could make for a nice relaxing long weekend.

rainfield61 said...

I am having the same weather over here.

Lin said...

Yep, here too. We got "nature's air conditioning" yesterday and I'm LOVING it! I can't wait to get out in the yard and dig around and actually enjoy being outside again. Yea, FALL!

spinninglovelydays said...

I envy you your seasons (fall is my favorite). :)

Sharkbytes said...

Jean- Ha! That's why I'll never live in Georgia!

Carmen- I know you have nice moderate temps there. the Pacific NW was definitely on our list of places we were willing to live!

Ann- The chilly air invigorates me. It's a work weekend here. I've had my fun for the summer.

rainfield- I think it's pretty strange how often you report that we have the same weather.

Lin- I'm with you!

Ivy- don't you have any? Rain, and not rain? You should come visit. Choose winter - you'll love the snow!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

LOVE that sparkling goldenrod!

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Hi Rose- it DID seem to sparkle. That's what caught my eye, it was so bright. Thanks for coming by!

Lisa said...

Fall my favorite time of the year, thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures.