Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Game of Tag

 

Ludington Lighthouse- I had to go to town today, and can't resist checking out this view whenever I am there. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I have mixed feelings about things like this game of tag which sort of seem like blogging just for the sake of blogging. And yet, the person who tagged me maintains the only blog that I visit every day. We haven't "known" each other long, but we share a love of the outdoors and a willingness to try to entice others to enjoy it too. That person is Ratty, who writes The Everyday Adventurer. So, I got tagged. I'll play, but I'm feeling shy so I'm going to whisper. Here are the rules
  1. Link to the person or persons who tagged you.
  2. Post the rules on your blog.
  3. Write six random and/or revealing things about yourself.
  4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
  5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog
  6. Let the tagger know when your post entry is up on your site.

6 Random Things about me
  1. I have an ego the size of Wisconsin. Oh, wait, that's no big secret. Too bad... it meets the random criteria so it stays- see I'm the boss of this list and I say so.
  2. I've worn a dress once in the past 3 years. And how silly was I to believe the person who told me I had to wear a dress for that evening? The crowd was eclectic and I could have worn a plastic bag with sequins and fit right in. (well, maybe not quite...)
  3. Guess which one of the bookends is me and which is my recently re-discovered third-or-fourth-but-who's-counting cousin Jean? Too bad she doesn't have a blog.
  4. I not only play accordion, but I collect accordion jokes. What do you call it when someone throws an accordion into a dumpster? Perfect pitch.
  5. I think slime molds are way, way cool.
  6. I'm an acetylcholine junkie.
Here are my six tag links
  1. (mi)outdoors (fellow NCT and outdoor lover)
  2. Joyful Heart (my sister-in-law who just returned to the US from 4 years in Brazil)
  3. My Open Heart Journal (my other sister-in-law who is in the hospital again as I write this)
  4. China is an Adventure (a friend who is teaching English in China)
  5. I think I'm done... I don't yet know enough bloggers well enough to do this to anyone else. Is that cheating?
Ratty, you're a Rat! This took a long time. Just kidding about the rat part.
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!




6 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

You did a great job with the game. I feel like a rat for doing it to everyone, but it was a good excuse to put your links up.:) I thought about putting a picture in my post too. I wish I had. I think you are the one on the right in the photo. I'm not good at figuring out stuff like that, but I think it's a better game than this game of tag. Thanks for doing it.:)

Sharkbytes said...

Hi Ratty- whew... glad I passed muster. Yup... that's me in the jeans and t-shirt. Same uniform I wear today. Guess I scared everyone else away from commenting!

Misty DawnS said...

Yep - you did just fine with the tag!

I share the love of the outdoors with you, but I certainly don't share the ego thing... I have very low self-esteem and self-confidence. It's something I've unsuccessfully been working on for years ;-)

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Hi Misty Dawn- I love your blog. Glad to "meet" you. Chin up!

LyghteKeeper said...

Well, I'm kinda behind since not only was I in the hospital when you "tagged" me but stayed in through March. And then returned for a week in May - trying not to think of Baylor Medical Center as a second home. I'm just now catching up so I'll try to finish this game of tag today. Kathleen

Sharkbytes said...

Hi Kath- no problem! I'll enjoy it whenever. Of course, I knew you weren't doing well then, but I was so new to blogging that I didn't know very many people who had one! And anyway, I like you!