Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Fishy Story

Well, I sure learned something new these past few days. I've been writing an article about keeping home aquariums. When I was a kid I killed a fair number of goldfish, trying to keep them happy. In retrospect they probably succumbed to the chemistry of our well water. But I've often considered setting up an aquarium. The first time I saw a salt water tank with corals and anemones I was mighty impressed. The colors were stunning, the movement and interactions of the organisms was interesting. Of course it was expensive. So now I know a whole lot more about the amount of work it would take to actually keep any kind of aquarium. I suspect that in the long run I wouldn't get enough enjoyment out of watching the fish to make me do the maintenance. But it's interesting to know.

No comments: