Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Trying New Recipes- Always an Adventure

 



Since I'll be continuing my temp job painting an apartment this week I wanted to make enough good food to see me through the week. If I come home too tired to fix something I'll just grab something really junky to eat, even though I prefer some good veggies or something. So today I made a pot of Gypsy Stew from the Moosewood Cookbook. Trying to do too much at one time, I overcooked it a little, but it's pretty good, just not so pretty to look at, as it would be if the colors were still bright. And I was brave and even added the tofu. It's ok, doesn't taste like much of anything really.

Pictured with the soup are Carrot Sweet Potato low-fat Muffins. I'll actually be eating those for my breakfasts. Now these are a loser on two fronts, but I'll eat them anyway. First of all, I thought I was trying a new recipe, but discovered when I was all done that the values were already in our big nutrition data base... so much for new. But why hadn't I made any notes on the recipe card? Who knows... I should have. They are pretty low on my list of favorite muffins, and they were a lot of work too.

The big winner was more Pumpkin Bread which we already knew turns out to be quite good on a consistent basis. No exception today. Yum!

So, I made a list to do all this cooking for today, and finished it by 3 pm, with the kitchen cleaned. That's a big accomplishment!


See Maybe I Finally Have the Hang of It
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


No comments: